Sunday, January 18, 2009

Would you like a spot of tea?

If you are ever in the Houghton area, you simply must go to the Four Seasons Tea Room. http://www.fourseasonstearoom.com/ My book club met there on Saturday and we had a fabulous time. Not only do you get to choose from a huge variety of glorious teas (all available decaffeinated), you also get to munch on scrumptious food. We all opted for the full afternoon tea (which is also available for two) and we all left very satisfied! The decor adds to the ambiance, not to mention the variety of hats that are there for you to wear. I donned a couple and felt like a little girl playing dress-up. Here is my first course. I opted for the roasted veggie lasagna. The other choices were chicken lasagna or quiche. It was tasty!


Here I am with Jamie and Niki and our lovely hats.


Here's Tammy and Jen looking lovely in their hats.


Here's Kathy, Janet, and Aaron modeling their hats.


The three-tiered tray of treats!

5 comments:

Erin said...

How fun! looks super yummy too!

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

This looks like a lot of fun! The nerd in me has to ask WHAT BOOK DID YOU READ AND DISCUSS?!?! :)

Mechlin Muse said...

The book that was discussed and Kristina did not read was Abundance: a Novel of Marie Antoinette. I just couldn't get into it. I wasn't the only one. I don't think anyone in our group finished this one.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Yeah...it doesn't sound like a book I would have been able to get into either. Hopefully the next pick will be a page turner.
I highly recommend My Sister's Keeper if you haven't read it yet. It is by far the best book I have ever read!

Mechlin Muse said...

Thanks for the book suggestion, Tonja. We do have all of our books picked for the year, but I'll keep it mind for next year. I've really enjoyed the other books I've read by Jodi Picoult. So far I've read Nineteen Minutes and Perfect Match. Her twists at the end are brilliant!